Sunday, March 29, 2009

LOCKDOWN: The Rematches

Yes, I know. Now?

But take a look at our friend, Mr. Calendar. It's basically April right now.

Which means that I have my first of three finals in less than a month. That and a 30-page paper. Remember that paper? The one I was going to write during Spring Break so that I didn't have an especially terrible LOCKDOWN?

Well, I'm bound to report that the folder containing the research materials remains as closed and unused as it was two months ago.

All that work and a job to find. I picked a hell of a time to immigrate to this country.

So yes, I'm afraid we face LOCKDOWN: The Rematch. As dozens of you undoubtedly remember, the regiment of LOCKDOWN is simple: The prisoners can go out only once a week -- maybe -- and then adhere to a strict three-beer maximum.

I'm sorry to sat that this weekend, with the fantasy baseball draft and the beer pong tournament, was the last of its kind for a while.

There will be occasional furloughs: the Sun reunions in Boston and NYC and the Springsteen concerts come immediately to mind.

But for now, the beast in me must retreat into hibernation.

Farewell, dear friends. Avenge me.

No comments: