Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Second Strong Wind

I handed in my take-home exam today, 20 pages written in what charitably could be called English and featuring shoddy reasoning and leaps in logic so absurd that Ralph Wiggum won't be seen with me.

But the paper is done. And then, I immediately commenced studying for the next exam, tomorrow morning, in education law.

There is, of course, no hornbook or study aid for such an obscure branch of the law. Therefore, all I have to rely on is my notes. These include informative sentence fragments, such as "The state must prove a compelling interest in order to " and "The feds cannot impose "

Hopefully my exam tomorrow contains subjects, verbs, and predicates. Perhaps it is ironic that my education law exam might suffer due to my poor note taking skills and my inability to structure a coherent sentence.

I blame this on the fact that, for the last ten years, I've only ever been asked to recite the ABCs backwards.

Pray for me.

No comments: