Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It was the Best of Times...

This morning I actually had an interview. Before the interview, however, I came across this on the interwebs.

It's one of those bubble maps that shows you some how factor increases or decreases for any given region. This map represents jobs lost or won in every county in the U.S.

What starts as a small blood-letting in March of '08 looks like a goddamned massacre by October. And then the last five months, well, are pretty much Armageddon.

Saddest of all is Detroit and the surrounding area, which is always red, and goes from a slight pink tinge to the color of a fire engine in flames, while demons try to put it out with blood.

Not my best metaphor, but yeesh. That was great to think about on my way to the interview. It's like learning your parents are getting a divorce while at your own rehearsal dinner for the wedding tomorrow.

The more I look at it the worse it gets. Jesus flippin' Christ.

Pray for Mojo.

No comments: