Monday, April 6, 2009

Note the Price

A couple of professors were kind enough to write recommendation letters for me, so courtesy and common sense stipulate that I should write them a thank-you note, correct?

Because I don't feel like going to the CVS to find out if they even have small greeting cards, I figure, oooh, maybe I'll check out the Cornell store.

So I do, and I find a pack of greeting cards. It's $10 a pack and, for that price, I figure maybe I get 20, 24 cards, right?

I should have read more carefully.

I get the packet two days later and inside it are six cards. Six. For ten bucks. Plus shipping and handling.

To paraphrase Troy McLure, "this is the biggest rip-off since The Neverending Story hit theaters."

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

you got schooled. literally.

Anonymous said...

that's cheap