Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Let My People Go Get Some Cake

I want to wish all of my tribal friends out there a happy and delicious Passover.

Remember when we used to work at the paper? And half the staff would go out to Shortstop and get these artery-clogging, ginormous, delicious and nutritious pulled pork sandwiches? And the other half would watch as we came back and we tore into them, and pull those little matzoh cracker thingies out of the box? And they would nibble at them and have the exact same expression that Cheney had at Obama's inauguration? Fun times.

I honestly don't know how you guys do it. I feel terrible for people like Cooper, who had the misfortune of being born during the Passover period.

Even Saddam Hussein had it better. I can think of no worse fate than not being able to have cake on your birthday. Seriously. When I'm doing my Pat Robertson thing and am trying to "fix" the Jews, I use the "no matzoh cake on your birthday" line, and it works better than "Jesus loves you, yes he do." Probably because it's grammatically correct, but I'll take it.

And no, matzoh cake is not the same. How would you like to have tofurkey for Thanksgiving?

Exactly.

No comments: