Friday, December 5, 2008

The Straw that Stirs the Drink

We have Minderasers and Brain Erasers. We have the Three Wise Men (Jim, Jack, Johnnie). We have the Four Horsemen (Jim, Jack, Johnnie, and Jose). Millions have dedicated their lives to the science that is naming drinks, and yet we have failed to discover the most obvious one.

The Bad News Bears.

It's a great name for a drink, and I'll fully take credit for it. What will you have, the bartender asks. Something that's bad news bears, you'll reply. And then you'll try to figure out something that's more powerful than a Long Island, and more potent that the aforementioned Four Horsemen.

So why not actualize the Bad News Bears? Why not craft it from dust, breathe into it, and give it life?

And it should, of course, consist of that which will give credit to its name. Here's how you make one:

One of Everything.
Big.
With a straw.

I can't wait to have one of these when LOCKDOWN is over. You've been warned.

4 comments:

Caitelizabethb said...

...I thought you hated straws?

Charlie said...

I do, but science has shown that alcohol consumed through a straw is more effective in terms of getting you drunk, because you're withholding oxygen or something. I don't know. Some very basic principles of physics are involved, but don't ask me, because I was an English major

Caitelizabethb said...

I mean, I'm an advocate of straws. I thought you knew that.

Unknown said...

In your list of drinks, how could you have forgotten this: http://www.cocktail.com/recipes/s/SloeScrewATWMexico.htm ????