Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Cookie Monster

So I went to Starbucks to get a cookie and, when I got there, there was only one chocolate-chip cookie left.

Normally, I hate to be the takes the last cookie/slice of pizza/beer from the fridge guy.

But sometimes, you just really need a cookie, you know?

So I asked the barista for the cookie and (literally) rubbed my hands in anticipation and glee.

But then, when she picked it up with the tongs, the cookie broke in half.

My heart, at that moment, also broke in half.

Why?

Because the barista then said, "I'm sorry, but we are not allowed give you a broken cookie."

"I can't have the cookie?"

"No," she answered. "I'm sorry. Would you like something else? Maybe a cherry croissant?"

I then succumbed to a RAGE BLACKOUT.

And that's why I can no longer go to that Starbucks.

2 comments:

Caitelizabethb said...

that lying Barista. She just knew it was the last cookie, broke it in half "accidentally", and then made up some sham company policy so she could scarf it down.

Laura said...

I worked at Panera in high school. When cookies broke, it's true that we weren't allowed to sell them to the customer (quality control or something).

We were, however, allowed to eat them ourselves. I can't even tell you how many cookies were broken by me picking one up in two hands and 'accidentally' snapping it in half.