Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Wit and Wisdom of Tracy Jordan

Tracy Jordan of 30 Rock is like a cocktail made of equal parts Dr. Wordsmith, Yogi Berra, and Shakespeare, with an twist of urban.

Somewhere out there, an American hero has compiled a list of everything that has come out of Tracy Jordan's mouth, minus the puke.

A sampling:
“I’m saying the Disneyfication of New York is over, everyone. At the stroke of midnight, your Lexus is going to turn back into a hot pile of rats fighting over a human finger.”

“That’s not me, that’s the Tracy Jordan Japanese sex doll. You can tell us apart because it's not suffering from a vitamin deficiency.”

"Fat neck girl let me count your neck rings."

“Liz Lemon, I might hug people too hard and get lost in malls. But I’m not an idiot.”

“I feel like you’re not telling me something, Jack. Let me guess. You bought a sidecar for your motorcycle and your dog won’t stay in it.”

“I want you bastards to meet my bastard.”

Reading these is hilarious, yet strange and disorienting, like eating burgers made from a cow that OD'd on laughing gas.

No comments: