Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Fourth Strong Wind

And now, the end is near.

Later this morning, I'll submit my last final of 2L year. Somehow, incredibly, I'm 2/3 of the way to becoming an actual lawyer. This is like Moe from The Simpsons becoming an AA sponsor.

Of course, the last final is criminal procedure -- or, as I like to call it, the class that validates paranoia. As I've mentioned, I'm basically studying the adversary's rulebook. Because of this, I have no choice but to conclude that the superlative I won in college -- "Most likely to represent himself in court" -- is more a prophecy than a joke.

Perhaps saddest of all is that, despite a semester of studying how and when arrests are made, I still have no clue what on Earth happened to me the night of the Guitar Hero incident. I've had a full semester to figure this out yet still don't know what to answer on applications and background checks.

This, of course, bodes poorly for my performance. Per usual, I ask that you pray for me.

More importantly, because tomorrow is the beginning of a twenty-day stretch where I have absolutely nothing to do, I ask that you pray for my safety and that of my internal organs. If there is a heaven, my liver is certainly going there. And probably soon.

I will resume blogging when I am able to tell the difference between the M and the N on my keyboard.

No comments: