Sunday, May 3, 2009

No Joy in Mudville

I’ve been neglectful in posting for the following reason:

My looming back-to-back admin and criminal procedure exams. Reading cases in the former is like trying to decipher a 14 year-old’s text messages. There’s only so much you can do after the third “c u l8r” in the first paragraph before your eyes glaze over because of incomprehension so concentrated it sends you into a state of shock.

And the latter is like the second pitcher in a double-header. You’d like to prepare and glance at his scouting report every once in a while, but he’s currently eclipsed by the looming 1999 Pedro Martinez facing you in the first game. Nevertheless, I'm fully expecting the second pitcher to strike me out looking, while I trudge back to the dugout (ha!) muttering in genuine shock, "he has a curveball??"

Like Homer said, “OK, brain. I don’t like you and you don’t like me. But let’s get through this so I can go back to killing you with beer."

No comments: