Monday, May 11, 2009

Party Hard, Law School

The interwebs have spoken. Of the 102 ABA-Accredited law schools, our own BU Law is only Number 75 in the list of Party Law Schools. In other words, we're only the 75th most partiest law school, out-partied by such party law school luminaries like IU-Bloomingdale, Catholic University, and those cool cats from Harvard. And George Mason.

Hey, at least we party more than BYU. Which somehow outparties thirteen schools, including Chicago and Penn. And also has the most dateable student body.

These rankings, of course, are not official in any way. The methodology is illuminating, if concerning:
"We spammed current law students with a “Please take our survey” email. We considered using the amount of responses per school as a factor in the rankings, as students with enough free time to answer such a frivolous email probably deserve recognition, but we were concerned about punishing schools for spam detection."
This, of course, requires that a significant number of students respond to the email. And, because the survey includes questions such as "How much do you drink?" and "How much do you go out?" this might be skewed. Although they do ask how much you go out and how much others go out, they do acknowledge that "Most respondents believed they went out more than their peers."

This, of course, makes who answers the emails from some random website that probably go to one's SPAM folder hugely relevant. I never got such an email. Or perhaps when I got the email I was out partying and forgot to respond. Or perhaps I was hungover. I'm sure I was the only one this happened to.

In any case, I'm devastated by the fact that BU has 74 schools that party more, party better, and party harder. After an initial moment of weakness where I was about to forswear drinking forever, in accordance with our ranking, Caitlin snapped me out of it.

Like her, I will step up my drinking to try to boost our ranking. Together we can pledge to single-handedly (A conceptual impossibility, I know. Shut up) pull our poor lame law schools from the depths of unforgiving sobriety.

...

Damnit. I'm out of beer.

No comments: