Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How To Contrive a Hangover

I'm all for taking the wolf pack to Vegas, but this is ridiculous.

Caesar's Palace, which I famously crowned as the best hotel in Las Vegas, is awesome. The movie The Hangover is also awesome. Now, Caesar's is offering the Hangover package, which includes a forum suite and pool and food credits, but you'll have to supply the tiger yourself.

Surprisingly, this is a case where two awesomes don't make a super-awesome. This is a case where two awesomes somehow make a lame. The folks at Caesar's tried to make surf-n-turf and came up with coconut shrimp.

Mixing pop culture with vacation packages rarely turns out to be a good idea. Just ask the people who went for the Swingers package in Vegas. Or the folks who boarded the real Love Boat up in Minnesota. One day I'm going to go to the airport and see Oceanic flight 815 and I'll just give up.

That said, I will admit that the next time I'm in Vegas I'll be sure to find a way to break into (on to?) a hotel roof. I will, however, avoid Carrot Top and his candy.

Mike Tyson could not be reached for comment.

No comments: