Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dueling Advice

Yesterday, my mom straight up asked me when I'm going to meet a nice girl and settle down a little. Not for good, but just for a little bit. Still.

And then this morning I get an email from my dad outlining hangover cures.

I'm not sure whether these are mixed signals or not.

This could be interpreted as my dad telling me to cling to my youth and my mom hoping that at some point I'll grow up.

However, if I try to fuse their advice into one cohesive message, it could also be interpreted as them telling me, "Get over that hangover, stop being an asshole, and call that girl back."

Or, as Lisa said, maybe this is all code for "Once you start dating a girl, you'll be drinking more and will have to be able to get rid of the hangover."

I really like her intepretation. Sorry, Mom.

No comments: