Monday, August 17, 2009

The Drink Cart

I’ve been reflecting for most of the morning. Although thinking things through is not one of my strong suits, I believe I have come up with a terrific idea sure to take the working world by storm.

Thus, I have a business proposal. I’m throwing this out there because this could be an exciting opportunity for many investors and entrepreneurs.

My pitch?

The drink cart.

Imagine that it’s a Monday morning and you’ve just been chewed out by your boss. You’re sitting at your cubicle, dejected, contemplating the fact that the workweek just started and how a life of crime is starting to sound good right about now.

Then, suddenly, you hear a little bit of music. It kind of sounds like an ice cream truck, but that song … is it? It can’t be. It is!

It’s the tequila song!

And then, marching happily over the rise over yonder in accounting, comes the drink cart, bearing its bounty of gifts. Highball glasses clink merrily with the row of wine glasses and sangria carafes. Bottles glisten under the fluorescent lights, filled to the brim with the sweet nectar of oblivion. Everyone chats happily as they leave their desks and mingle, debating whether today is Mojito or Margarita Monday.

Once they have been served by the smiling drink cart man, the employees will return to their seats, happy, relaxed, and mollified.

And what happens then? You look over and see that Bob got an old fashioned. And you think, damn, that looks really good. You then resolve to get another one, if not in two hours when the Drink Cart comes around again, then surely tomorrow.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are sitting on a gold mine. We will literally make trillions, and, as an added bonus, we’ll know that we have increased the happiness of the average American worker tenfold. Enabling this is more than a moral imperative. It is a religious calling.

Do not hesitate to contact me. First come, first served.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Just let me know where the first one starts up and I'll be moving myself and my job to that city.