Thursday, January 8, 2009

Say It Ain't So

I used this quote a couple of weeks ago, and now I have to use it again:
"It feels like somebody took my heart, and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears. And at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone. And I am crying. And nobody can hear me, because I am terribly, terribly... terribly alone."
I woke up this morning and this was the first thing I read. It looks like it's a done deal. Smoltz has been with the Braves almost as long as I've been alive, and now, because the Braves couldn't have given him an extra couple of million dollars (Since they've been so successful in giving them to anyone else), he's going to the Red Sox.

I literally feel like I was punched in the stomach. I'm going to go lie back down and stare at the ceiling for a couple of hours. Ugh.

No comments: