Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Voo Doo Dolls

I was watching a Mexican soccer game last weekend while talking to my brother on the phone. And I noticed that the goalie for his favorite team was wearing number 125. What an odd number, I though, especially for a twenty year veteran. So I asked my brother why the guy is wearing that number.

"Oh, the bank that sponsors them is 125 years old this year, so they're making him wear #125 all year."

Two hours ago, I was convinced that Mexican soccer could not get any worse.

And then, as they say, the show has reached a new low.

Voodoo Dolls. To beat the gringos at soccer.

I know it's supposed to be a joke. But really? Where's the dignity? Chopping the feet off dolls is supposed to help us win when we haven't done so in years? The last time I chopped off a doll's foot was an Elmo that annoyed me. And it wouldn't. Stop. Laughing.

Voodoo dolls. Jee-zus.

No comments: