Thursday, January 8, 2009

Outbreak!

Thanks to Weitz for sending me this link to a map chronicling the growth of Wal-Mart. The easy thing to say is that it looks just like one of those disaster movies where they see the virus slowly spread out and consume the country. But to me, this also looks like a slide of an organism being consumed by a parasite.

The last Wal-Mart I went to was almost two years ago on the outskirts of San Antonio, near a town named (true story) Welfare, Texas. This was as a part of the infamous Three Jews and a Mexican road trip.

If my memory serves me correctly, we were at Wal-mart to return Weitz's sunglasses, which he had purchased at another Wal-Mart. The sunglasses met an untimely end when Weitz flung them across the room in disgust while pitching a hissy that was prompted by his dropping a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, which he had gotten for free with a coupon. He also did this while waiting for the car to be serviced in a Jiffy Lube, and scared the living beejesus out of a poor woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Wal-Mart because they sell guns.

Anonymous said...

I like guns too.