Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I GOT BACK IN!

(Bells, whistles.)

I cleared customs!

(Little children wave flags.)

I made it through immigration!

(Parade. With elephants.)

Ok. Settle down everybody. I'm happy to announce that I don't need to get married yet.

(Millions of hearts break.)

But worry not, because I'll need to be married someday.

(Unbreaking of hearts.)

I am happy to be in America. I am currently in Houston, feeling triumphant, waiting for my plane to Boston, which is currently in the midst of yet another ice storm.

Thankfully, the Boston Globe has published a handy guide to the North, which should really be entitled "Surviving the Northeast for Eses," from the For Dummies Books' Southwest subsidiary.

I am off to wander the airport now, perhaps to improbably ensnare some flight attendant who looks like Catherine Zeta Jones. Back in Boston tonight. Maine Road Trip tomorrow.

No comments: