Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I've Corrected the Huge Mistake

I'd like to inform all concerned parties that I am no longer enrolled in the 8:30 a.m. class with Wally Miller. Bankruptcy is an important subject. However, at this point in my life, I do not feel that I am ready to make a commitment to anything that begins before nine in the morning. Perhaps in the future I will be mature enough to embrace such an arrangement. For now, however, I will remain a lazy bastard.

That pretty much finalizes my schedule. There are, as always, hiccups.

Fleming, who will attempt to teach Marc and me the various theories of constitutional interpretation, is, in Marc's words, "the anti-Farnsworth." I liken him more to Buzz Killington. He's an incredibly nice man, but Fleming could bring Hunter S. Thompson back from the edge and lulled into submission within three minutes. If HST was not, you know, dead.

In education law, there are about 30 women, 3 gay guys, and 2 of us straight guys. It's never a good sign when the professor makes everyone go around the room and introduce themselves, saying that she wants us to say why we're in this class, "perhaps because you have a background in education, have been a teacher, or maybe have had kids who go to school now."

In Admin, in a class of about 50, I counted 29 people I know. Or, as they're soon to be known, "the people I cry with before and -- especially -- after the final." After last semester's calculator-requiring, finance-involving, spirit-breaking M&A fiasco, imagine my distress and consternation upon walking in and seeing a graph on the board.

And then, of course, criminal procedure. Or, as I like to call it, intelligence gathering about the enemy's mode of operation. It will also be a relief to be able to pinpoint the technical term for what happened to me back during the Guitar Hero incident. And, of course, the first question the professor polled us on (anonymously, at least), was whether we'd had any experience with the criminal justice system. I am happy to announce that there is more than one person who has been a defendant. Suddenly, the world does not seem so lonely.

No comments: