Monday, November 3, 2008

Flip my Car

Marc alerted me to this website, which is pretty bloody brilliant. A guy whose car was flipped is asking people to donate a few bucks each. Presumably, there are enough people out there who tipped the car over/enjoyed the spectacle with a guilt hangover to give this poor car flippee a few bucks.

The idea seems to be working. As of press time, enough people have donated that the guy has $2,750 raised towards the purchase of a new car. In fact, the brilliance of this scheme seems to counterbalance the idiocy of leaving a car parked out on Broad Street during a Philadelphia (of all cities!) World Series celebration.

This may inspire me to create comparable website, such as buymeaflatscreen.blogger.com, fundmybartab.wordpress.com and sponsormygreencard.blogspot.com.

If When my team won the World Series, I'll be too busy being a sobbing mess of joy turning cartwheels down the street -- a feat which, in my case, seems an absolute physical impossibilty -- to even think of upending cars.

That said, let's imagine that, during a World Series clincher, I see that people are running towards my car and have begun the process of flipping it. Then I rush over, scream, "STOP! DON'T FLIP THAT CAR!" and then point to another poor schmuck's car, "FLIP THAT ONE INSTEAD!"

Am I liable? Is the necessity defense available to me?

I smell a note topic.

No comments: