Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Smoltz by Any Other Name

Today, I will be going to a Cornell Club of Boston event at Fenway Park. All-you-can-eat and all-you-can-drink buffet before the game, decent seats, and a baseball game. Should be good, no?

And then I saw today's pitcher.

John Smoltz.

Oy vey.

This could be interesting. Now, Smoltzie has been quite the disappointment for the Red Sox, but still. It's Smoltz.

I imagine today will be like going to a bar with a bunch of my friends, and then seeing my ex appear randomly and hook up with the douchebag from down the hall.

This all-you-can-drink part of the deal has suddenly become an issue.

Update: After watching Smoltz give up six runs in five innings, I must revise my earlier analogy, and append a clause wherein the douchebag roofied Smoltz and had his way with him.

No comments: