Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Video of the Day LXVI

Last week, Vanity Fair published a transcription of Sarah Palin's resignation speech that had been slathered in the red ink of an editor's pen. This, of course, made me think of what I would have done with the piece had she been a writer for The Sun and I had been her editor. After a brief moment to consider asking the business department to purchase more red pens, preferably in bulk, I'd have just shaken my head, handed it back to her, and told her to go take this to The Review, who'd publish dreck like this. Maybe.

But then, today, I realized I was wrong. As Conan O'Brien pointed out, it wasn't a speech, but a poem. And who better to declaim than William Shatner himself?



Thank you, Shatner, for showing us that inside Sarah Palin's bear-wrestling exterior lies an e.e. cummings yearning to escape.

No comments: