Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fired Joe Morgan

Ring them bells!

Yesterday, the powers that be finally fired Joe Morgan and by doing so finally stopped his constant assault on progress and reason. This was tremendous news for baseball fans who like to watch baseball on Sunday nights without being subject to statements like, "I'd rather him have hit a double there, rather than a home run, because home runs kill rallies." Or this absolute abortion of an argument:
People are saying (Felix) Hernandez should win (the Cy Young award). I'm not saying he shouldn't. But how are you going to judge what he would have done if he was on the Yankees. It's tougher to pitch for the Yankees and win or the Twins than it is Seattle. All individual awards are team awards. My MVP awards were won because my team helped me. … I think the problem I have, though, with some statistics is we start to individualize the players. I don't want that. It's still a team game. ... When you start to individualize things like that, it takes away the team concept from the game.
Mr. Morgan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. (Emphasis mine).

Now, with Morgan gone and Dibble -- Oh my God, Rob Dibble -- banished, I hope the fine folks over at FJM reconvene to rid the world of the third Cerberus head, in a new incarnation of their blog named "Fire TimMcCarver."

Although, I have to say, I will miss Jon Miller and this, the greatest call of the worst play ever.

No comments: