Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back in October

Somehow, despite a rash of late-season injuries that gave us a lineup today that included only two opening day starters, despite nearly collapsing in the last weekend of the season, despite almost giving up a 6-run lead with 4 outs to go, giving me a near embolism in the process, and, most importantly, despite trotting out Melky "I might actually be worse than Jeff Francouer" Cabrera on an everyday basis, the Braves did this today:


BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS WHODAMAN.

In Bobby Cox's last season, the Braves are once again in the playoffs, after way too many years where my only rooting interest was whoever played the Yankees or Phillies.

Yes, we made it as the wild card, but there is no shame in that. Right, Charlie?



I will now be a complete and total nervous wreck for anywhere from a week to (do I dare dream?) a month. God hope it's the latter, but whatever it is, approach with caution.

No comments: