Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ye Olde Collegetowne Map

By the time second semester of senior year rolled around, it is safe to say that, at some point or another, we'd been in a lot Collegetown houses. Perhaps these memories were hazy recollections -- I know I walked into many a house and vaguely felt like I'd been there before. And it is likely that I had actually been there, God knows to do what. Probably I wandered drunkenly into the wrong apartment.

Regardless, Collegetown was a history. Driving around it now elicits a whole collection of memories, about what you did when and where. It is an exercise worth pursuing.

That said, the general memories are worthwhile too. This map provides just that. It is a history of Collegetown and its eclectic past, told through what the particular buildings are and what they once housed: Johnny's Big Red Grill and the house where Nabokov wrote Lolita receive equal billing.


Now if the mapmaker can pinpoint the house where I left both my shirt and my dignity, I'll be all set.

1 comment:

stoneface85 said...

Don't you mean houses?