Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"I'm Manufacturing Runs, Man!"

We stole cake from someone. I think it was a birthday cake, but I can't be sure. At some point, someone found a vat of peanuts, perhaps a thousand of them, in a container roughly the size of a small child. This was later dropped all over a bar floor. Two fairly successful fantasy drafts were held. The game of dodgebeer was introduced to BU Law, and left everyone injured, bleeding, and nearly sick, and resulted in the near upending of a couch, which might have gone through a wall if I hadn't almost dropped it on a friend's head instead. A walk-off home run was "hit" in a game that we call baseball but which is what would happen if flip cup and beer pong had a baby, and beer pong and flip cup were related.

Things eaten included prime rib and what I will call a "Jesus Muffin," because it might very well save you. I am now the proud owner of a bottle of Gentleman's Jack, courtesy of a good friend, and an 18-year old Glenlivet, courtesy of my father. They might survive the month, but it's doubtful. We grilled on the roof deck and fed a good two dozen people. And drinking on a roof with your friends until you get kicked out of the bar ... well, it's par for the course, but it still ain't old.

Unlike me, although I have to say that was a pretty successful birthday weekend. I'm sure I left some things out. I'm sure the police report will be more detailed.

And I found that this man and I share a birthday, which makes such an enormous amount of sense, it's absurd.

No comments: