Monday, August 11, 2008

I Just Got an iPhone

And it's beautiful. It's so bright and shiny. I just want to marry it. Marry it and have bright and shiny babies with it.

There was a bit of a hassle with switching to AT&T and a new phone without losing my old phone number, based in central New York. But it's all been settled, and the only hiccup at the store was that they could only transfer 250 of my contacts from my old phone into my new one. I was at 263.

So we all know what that means, right?

Erasing time!

It's a fun activity to do every once in a while. I guess it's a bit perverse, but there's something fun in scrolling through names, going "who?" and permanently erasing them from your permanent records.

So so long, "blonde," farewell "Las Vegas Sam," adieu "girl at bar," nice knowing you, "Sxhuighy."

Perhaps the unkindest cut of all was "Bartleby." How I came to name someone that, or, God forbid, meet somebody named that is beyond me. But I couldn't imagine calling him to figure out what his deal was. "Hello?... Yes ... I was just wondering who you were ... see, I'm transferring to a new phone, and I don't really remember you, so I was wondering who you are ... I see ... You would prefer not to tell me ... I guess that's to be expected."

I've spent nearly all night playing with this thing, and it has so much awesome stuff. Bright and shiny stuff. About which I'll blog about, I'm sure, at some point. There's so much, and I must return to it. From the looks of it, it seems unlikely I'll ever be bored again.

Now if only someone would call me.

No comments: