Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Bed is Made!

Oh my God, I actually made my bed today. It's made. The bed is made. I'm speechless...

So that's what it looks like.

It looks nice, like a bed in one of the many catalogs that come to my home unbidden. All it needs is a price tag and a vacant-eyed Swedish couple sitting on it and presto! An Ikea ad.

See, the reason I never make my bed is it always gets unmade. I know that, by this logic, I shouldn't shower because I'm just going to get dirty again. But there's advantages to showering, like hygiene and having people return your high-fives. The only advantage to bed-making I can see is that you get to say, ooh, my bed looks nice, for a few hours.

And for all you [people] who're going to say, "What? A Mexican Ohioan who doesn't like to make beds?" I can only say, shame on you. Also, you've been pre-empted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never make my bed because I am a fat monkey.