Monday, December 6, 2010

Bonfire of the Legalties

Today I returned my Barbri books to the hell from whence they came.

If you'll remember, I had a brief existential crisis about whether I should return the books to regain a significant deposit or if I should instead burn them all in one wonderful moment of catharsis.

Sadly, the part of me that enjoys going "let's throw this hatchet into that tree" lost out to the part of me that went to law school and is now blind to every consideration that isn't money.

So the books went back and, for once, I have more money in my wallet now than I had before the weekend. Because my hoard of Scotch is dwindling (I'm down to only two bottles) I'm confident that this was the right choice.

And I am also heartened by the following. Check this out:


Those are my notes from the summer. An entire goddamned box of notecards and outlines and sadness.

Those I can't return.

But they sure look flammable to me.

So if you, like me, have procrastinated and find yourself with a collection of those fun, fun papers we spent all summer poring over, maybe you'd like to join me. I'll get the lighter fluid. You bring the beer. We bring the noise. And we laugh and laugh and laugh.
and laugh.

And yes, I am entirely serious.

No comments: