Sunday, May 2, 2010

Water Water Everywhere and not a Drop to Drink

Right on cue, two weeks before I graduate and my visa expires, I get something of a preview: All of a sudden, I can't drink the water, even though I haven't yet been deported. Thanks for the foreshadowing, God.

I was minding my own business yesterday, plugging along while studying for IP, when all of a sudden I hear this:



NOBODY DRINK THE BEER! THE BEER HAS GONE BAD!

Except instead of beer, it was water. Thank God for small favors.

Unfortunately, God's timing in striking down our water supply was terrible. Instead of having a perfect excuse to hydrate via Scotch, gin, and other such H2O replacements, the ban against drinking water comes during the one weekend this year where I have to hunker down and study.

God gives me the best excuse ever to drink. And I can't use it. Somewhere, Alanis Morissette is rolling over in her grave.

By the way, how do you boil water again?

1 comment:

Private Investigator in Santa Monica said...

God gives us water at free of cost, its God gift and of course more valuable thing to live. but we are not aware towards it. that's why we all face such kind of problems.