Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Paper Chase

A couple of you may have noticed that I have neglected my blogging duties in the past couple of weeks. This is because it is my final finals week.

I have failed to post here because I have been busy revising my cert paper -- the 25 to 30 page monstrosity that each law school student must complete before he is given his walking papers. Because of this, my daily quota of written words expires rather quickly, and I am forced to neglect the weblog.

Thankfully, the paper is done and completed. It won't win a Pulitzer, or even a Webby, but at the very least it resembles something like an actual text. And it's even written in something that approximates English! There's full sentences with nouns and verbs and predicates and I even threw in some actual syntax! Wheee!

For someone who loses interest halfway through a complex sentence, writing 28 pages was a hell of a challenge . . . LOOK! THAT SQUIRREL HAS A BUSHY TAIL! COME HERE, SQUIRREL!

I'm sorry. Anyway, 28 pages is a lot of pages. If I can't write a coherent blog post, then a coherent formal paper is beyond me.

But they made me do it and now it's done, so God Bless America. Perhaps the best part about being done is that I will no longer have to sit down in the professor's office and discuss whether one can scream "You're a vagina!" at Tim Tebow with impunity. It sounds like fun, but not when the professor has his door open in a suite where seven other professors, including the dean of academic affairs, also have their offices with the doors open.

There is only one more obstacle between me and graduation: My final final. On Tuesday, I will be definitely be tested on IP and I potentially will not fail.

I can do this.

...

Send help.

No comments: