Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lawyers, Guns, and Money

I would like to inform all concerned parties that the score from my ethics exam has come back. And somehow, I passed.

And I did not only just pass this exam like a quiet ship in the night. No, I passed the s@$* out of this exam. According to this exam, I am so ethical, the Pope himself looks unethical.

OK, bad example.

Still. According to this, I am in the upper echelon of ethical behavior for lawyers. Granted, this still lands me in the bottom 10 percent of the general populace. However, according to this scale, I live, breathe, and bleed ethics.

Which leads to the inescapable conclusion that the MPRE must be flawed, perhaps fatally so.

The good news is I can now take the Massachusetts bar exam. Yay. I guess.

The bad news? I have no idea what to do with myself now.

This result comes as a complete shock to me. I had no clue that I was so ethical. I constantly operated under the assumption that I was kind of a bad person. And now I sit here, pondering, re-evaluating my life.

What am I to do? How am I to proceed? Do I have to change my behavior? Must I renounce a life of crime? Do I turn to religion? Good Lord, do I have to become a priest now? If that is the case, can I still tell girls I'm an astronaut?

1 comment:

Ted Wyman said...

I, of course, especially appreciate the title to this post.