Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting to the Bottom of This

This is a true story.

In my IP class we were talking about the practice of awarding trademark status to items based on their design. i.e. the little crocodile on Lacoste shirts.

So the professor asks me about Levi’s jeans, and what is it about their design that could be awarded a trademark.

Now, I may pay attention to clothes, but not enough to know what design characteristics differentiate Levi’s from most other classic jeans.

So I looked confused.

Upon seeing my confusion, the girl sitting next to me, who I have never met in my life, immediately leaps (yes, leaps) out of her chair and sticks her butt about six inches away from my face.

I have rarely been rendered so speechless in my entire life.

So I’m kind of staring at this girl’s ass, and the whole class is staring at me, and the professor is waiting for an answer, and my face is probably the color of an over-ripe tomato.

Finally she sits down and I can kind of speak again, so I stutter something about the stitching on the pockets.

“Anything else?” the professor asks.

“Um... uh,” I say, noticing that the girl is just about ready to jump up again. “Not that I noticed.”

“You didn’t get a good enough look?” the professor asks.

Only in law school. Two more weeks.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

APPLE BOTTOM JEEEANNNS BOOTS WITH THE FURRRR.

GOT THE WHOLE CLASS LOOKING AT HERRRR.

Unknown said...

I'm trying to picture Prof. Meurer's face. That's hilarious.