Sunday, October 18, 2009

Premature Ithacation

Given the afternoon snowfall, it seems that New England has decided to skip the inconvenience of Autumn and proceed directly to Winter.

This is not the earliest I've ever seen snow, unfortunately. I did live in Ithaca, the land that God forgot, for a few years. Indeed, it snowed on Oct. 2nd during my freshman year at Cornell. When my roommates asked me why I wasn't more excited -- this was the first time I'd ever seen snow -- I just pointed at the calendar and wept with fear.

Still, I feel much like a father who just realized that his eight-year old daughter has started developing breasts. You know times of tribulation and horror are inevitable. But not yet, God. Please not yet.

I was going to pretend that it wasn't snowing and live in happy denial. Then I thought that, perhaps if I don't move, the snow won't get me. Because snow behaves just like a T-Rex in a movie.

And then I realized, screw it. I'm hibernating. See y'all in April.

No comments: