Wednesday, October 7, 2009

If I Ever Disappear, Here's Why

This is why you don't sell things on Craigslist. I have changed names and email addresses to protect the mentally insane. Please treat all of this as sic'd:

On Thu, Sept 24, 2009 at 5:23 PM, you wrote:

Hello,

My friend Adam forwarded your email seeking 10/3 Springsteen tickets to me. Since I'm the one holding the tickets, I figured it was just easier to deal with you directly.

Unfortunately, we can't take the ad down until the check clear, but if you agree to buy them, I won't try to sell them to anyone else. So what I guess happens is you mail the bank certified check to me, and when that check clears, I'll overnight the tickets to your address on the same day. Does that work for you?

My name is [Charlie] and my address is 742 Evergreen Terrace, Boston, MA, 02215. My phone is [Redacted] if you need to contact me.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

On Thu, Sept 24, 2009 at 8:07 PM, john psycho wrote:

I just want to inform you that i got your information and the check
will be send to you via mail and deliver to you tommorow and i will
update you with the tracking #, also i will implore you to kindly
follow the due process in the transaction and i have include the
shipping funds to your money. and i want you to deduct your own money
and send the rest to the shipper via money transfer so that they can
come for the pick up..
Again, I will require your trust and honest towards the check
because i will not want you to dissapoint me when the check gets to
you..I believe we should have the best transaction.
Thanks and Get back to me ASAP

On Thu, Sept 24, 2009 at 9:33 PM, you wrote:

Sounds good. I'll let you know when I get the check and deposit it.

On Sat, Sept 26, 2009 at 8:37 AM, john psycho wrote:

I will implore you to wait for the check to arrive and pls make sure
you remove the items from the website to avoid any disturbance, and
pls consider it sold to me. and make sure you update me as well to
know the condition..

On Sat, Sept 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM, you wrote:

Like I said, the tickets are yours. But we won't take down the ad until the check clears, and I still haven't received it in the mail yet. As soon as it clears, I will overnight the tickets to you. Does that work? Thanks.

On Sun, Sept 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM, john psycho wrote:

Hello,
I will like to implore you to wait for the check on tuesday and i
will update you with the tracking # and the shipper information that
will have the rest fund via western union when the check clears in
your bank. so that they can come for the pick up at your place.

thanks for your trust and have a nice weekend ahead.

On Mon, Sept 28, 2009 at 10:23 AM, you wrote:

Just to clarify, have you sent the check yet? And if you haven't, the check should be in the full amount ($600) and sent to the address I have already given you. When the check clears, I will overnight the tickets to you. I will not accept later payment via Western Union.

On Mon, Sept 28, 2009 at 3:07 PM, john psycho wrote:

thanks for you response and understand over the transaction.. so i will want you to wait for the in the mail by courier service and have the check cashand deduct your own money and send the rest to the mover..thanks

On Wed, Sept 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM, john psycho wrote:

sorry for the delay of the check, i have a problem with the fedex
courier service in my area because they do not sent mail intime, so i
have decided to contact the ups for it so i will get back to you with
the tracking # before this weekend..

sorry for the inconvenience and wait for the check.

On Wed, Sept 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM, you wrote:

I absolutely need to have the check by tomorrow morning at the latest. If I do, then I can cash the check tomorrow and it should clear by Friday. Then I'd overnight the tickets to you and you'd have them Saturday morning.

Like I said, I will not send you the tickets until the check clears. If I don't have the check by tomorrow morning, it would be too late.

Please let me know how you want to proceed. Thank you.

[Ed. Note: The concert took place on Saturday, October 3rd.]

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 8:43 AM, john psycho wrote:

Hi ,
Am so sorry for your late payment ,it was not my fault,am also trying
here to make everything possible,but there was a cross on the way, My
grandfather died,and i am the eldest person among others,so therefore am
responsible for all the burial arrangement,but i promise you that will
receive your payment before coming wednesday by God,s grace.
Im still interested in buying your item.Sorry once again for the delay.
I have added extra fund along with the payment im going to send to
you for delaying things
Thanks.
I will be waiting for your swift response Asap today so as to
be rest assured that the item is still mine.
Best Regards.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 11:22 AM, john psycho wrote:

Hello,
The check have will deliver to you today and here is the tracking Number from ups courier service. You can visit the website www.ups.com for the status of the check with the following tracking # 1Z61273XGHTR45359.....
I will want you to instant cash the check at your bank today so that you can deduct your own money and send the rest fund to the shipper via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER, so that they can come for the pick up at your door step.

SHIPPING INSTRUCTION...
1...You are to deduct your own money for the item i want to purchase.
2....You are to deduct $50 for your runnings around.
3...Also deduct the WESTERN UNION charges from the money going to the shipper.
4....Then send the remaining money to the mover information below..
Here is the shipper information to send the remaining funds after you have deduct your own money via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER
Receiver's Name:..... [Redacted]
Address:................[Redacted]
city........... lack city,
State:.......... michigam
Zipcode:.........49651

I will be waiting for the western union details as required in the western union receipt regards to the pick up today.
1....Senders name and address
2..Total amount sent
3..MTCN 10 DIGIT #
Mapquest to your location..
Thanks and hope to read from you asap.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM, you wrote:

Sir,

I'm sorry, but the concert was last Saturday (Saturday, October 3rd). Those tickets no longer exist. I will destroy your check upon receipt. I'm sorry this did not work out.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:07 PM, john psycho wrote:

well, help me to cash the check and deduct $200 for yourself and
transfer the rest to the information because i have informed the
shipper and he has promised me to get another items.....

thanks and get this done with one mind

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM, you wrote:

Sir, I'm sorry. I agreed to sell you tickets in exchange for a check. We are beyond the point where the tickets will be useful, so I will destroy the check when I receive it. I will do nothing else. As far as I'm concerned, this means the end of our dealings.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:17 PM, john psycho wrote:

PLS HELP ME OUT I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM

well, help me to cash the check and deduct $200 for yourself and
transfer the rest to the information because i have informed the
shipper and he has promised me to get another items.....

thanks and get this done with one mind

On Tue Oct 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM, you wrote:

Sir, you have involved a third party in what should have been a two-person transaction and are asking me to find a Western Union and set up some sort of deal with someone in Michigan. I'm sorry, but, like I've said, the interaction between us is over.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:07 PM, john psycho wrote:

WELL I DO WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND MY MAIL, I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY THAN THIS AND I WANT YOU TO REALLY ASSIST ME IN GETTING THE MONEY OVER TO ME, BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT A LOT TO GET THE CHECK TO YOU NA DI DONT WANT TO LOOSE ALL..

I REALLY BEG YOUR PARDON

On Tue, Oct. 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM, you wrote:

Sir, this is what the tracking number shows:

Your package has been delivered.

Tracking Number:

1Z61273XRTHFG08859

Delivered

10/06/2009 10:01 A.M.

FRONT DOOR

CINCINNATI, OH, US

Package

NEXT DAY AIR


I have no clue why you chose to send this to Ohio. I have no idea who the shipper is in Michigan. I have never been so confused about what should have been a simple A-B transaction in my life.

This will be the last email that you receive from me. Any more emails I get from you will be filtered to my SPAM folder. I'm sorry we couldn't work something out and good luck with your check.

4 comments:

Mr. Cooper said...

My favorite part is your response to his very first e-mail: "Sounds good." Bwahaha.

Unknown said...

dude, you gotta submit this to http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/

Caitlin said...

unreal. this sounds like one of those nigerian scams. good thing you gave him your phone number, address, and email. I'm surprised you didn't just throw in your birth date and whatever kind of social security number they give mexicans.

Anonymous said...

you idiot. this was clearly a scam to get you to cash a "check" and send him a part of that money, which he spends on awesome shit from ebay while the "check" you cashed bounces. How you didn't realize this, even from the onset, surprises even me (a very understanding person).