Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why a Blog?

Why not?

I enjoy writing. Ostensibly, you enjoy reading. My column, which ran for dozens of years, enjoyed a healthy readership and was at least tolerated by my friends. For several reasons-- foremost among them the fact that my well has run dry-- as well as a necessity to transition into the terrifying netherworld of adult life, I am more than likely to discontinue it. I can't produce 1,000 words a week anymore.

I would do a retirement speech, but, at the risk of turning into the Mexican Brett Favre, I'll refrain.

However, since I enjoy writing and pretending to pay attention in class, I thought a blog could be a good idea. Several ideas, events, and minutiae deserve, if not a thousand words, at least a couple dozen.

So welcome to my thoughts and what is surely to be a chronicle of a failed attempt to reside permanently in this wonderful country. At some point I'll hit my stride. I hope it's soon. The Feds are gaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that the Braves are out of it, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands.