Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dance in your Pants

I have just been spammed, yet again, by BU. Today's event is called,

Exclusive BU Presale for So You Think You Can Dance 2008

in letters that big.

By now I've gotten used to "exclusive" (BU has 30,000 students) offers to go see the High School Musical "stars," Carrie Underwood, and something people call a Hannah Montana.

It seems presumptuous, however, to assume that I think I can dance. I emphatically think know that I can not dance. But BU thinks otherwise. Perhaps because I am Latino. Others have made that mistake and forced me to the dance floor. And let me tell you, there is nothing as crushing as the disappointment that slowly dawns on a girl when she realizes that I was neither kidding nor shy, and "dance" mostly by simulating a maraca motion almost-but-not-quite to the beat.

So I ain't going to this one, I don't think. But anyone up for Carrie Underwood?

p.s. This guy has been watched 94 million times. 94 million!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were really a law student you would shave a gavel into your hair. Or a tomahawk.

jmelcon said...

"there is nothing as crushing as the disappointment that slowly dawns on a girl when she realizes that I was neither kidding nor shy, and "dance" mostly by simulating a maraca motion almost-but-not-quite to the beat."

Carlos, that is the funniest thing you've ever written. Ever.