Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Happy!

I would like to take a break from my break to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, or whatever combination of the aforementioned holidays you choose to celebrate.

Of course, my break from blogging was unannounced, which I somewhat regret. In the past three weeks, I faced finals, my little brother's graduation ceremony from the University of Texas, a return to Mexico for the Holidays, as well as assorted family visits.

Additionally, we saw the debut of Three Jews and a Mexican II: Three Jews and One Hundred Million Mexicans. Six days ago, the Three Jews came to visit my humble country. I am happy to report that they are all now back safely in the United States, missing a few pesos but, more importantly, retaining all their fingers and toes.

At a later time I will, of course, chronicle some of the events that took place on the trip, from our crashing a Mexican State Congress Legislative Session to our encounter with Meditating Manuel at the top of a Totonac pyramid in Teotihuacan to that lunch where all Three Jews had what are probably not Kosher grasshopper tacos.

Again, I apologize for the lack of material lately. I was either too busy with exams -- at one point I undertook the extraordinary step of erasing my Games folder on my computer so spider solitaire would not tempt me -- or too relaxed on vacation. I will resume regular blogging duties in the New Year.

Until then.

1 comment:

hippie said...

Feliz Navidad! Un abrazo muy fuerte!!!